Coaching is often offered only to top managers but in fact everybody can use a coach to achieve better results. Coaching helps you establish what is important to you and clarifies your values, your strengths and your own style of working and leadership. A coach does not tell you what to do, or how to do it; a coach brings a structured ways of looking at problems and then tools to help you develop your perspective and analytical strengths.
- Coaching and Self-Awareness. Before any one of us can lead others, we have to learn to lead ourselves – in the right direction and manner. A key stepping-stone to achieving this is developing your own self-awareness. Our approach in coaching is to help you connect with yourself and identify your own values, beliefs and identity. The coaching conversation will use bespoke tools such as powerful questions, reframing, action vs delay and combined with our psychometric testing all of which will help you gain a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Coaching and leadership. Building on the self-awareness and having clear understanding of their own values and beliefs, IYLC students can then develop their leadership style, skills and expertise.
- Mindfulness is a way of being fully present in the moment. It allows you to work more effectively and to lead more clearly driving focus, productivity and quality of work. The modern world is full of distractions and productivity traps, IYLC can help you re-gain your focus and inner-calm to deliver on the objectives that are really important to you.
- Together with your IYLC coach, you will learn how to create value-based goals and a self development plan to achieve those goals. The Coaching conversations will lead towards an understanding of your own manner and approach to life, to problem solving and to achieving your objectives. You will then look at how to turn around any weaker aspects of your existing technique to develop stronger initiative and motivation for success.
- The energy and drive gained from coaching will be needed to fuel the next steps of the leadership and career development journey. An important aspect to be included in the coaching conversation is the professional legacy. Each student identifies their own expectations for themselves in combination with their level of commitment for work-life balance.
- Aligning personal beliefs to goals and to actions feels good and can help resolve any feeling of inner-conflict. IYLC can help students with career coaching, job coaching, entrepreneurship, leadership coaching, personal coaching, building self-confidence and a wide variety of other themes.